Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wardrobe Organising

I have this on my mind for a while now.  Actually it pops up nearly everytime we go away.  I only take around 5 to 6 days worth of clothing with me and recycle them again and again.  (I do wash them in case you are wondering.)

So I have bit the bullet and opened those wardrobe doors and had a good hard look at what is in there.  It was getting to the point where not much more would fit in!

I found a list of clothing that I feel is an acceptable amount, given how I wear my clothes and often I wash them.  The list is this:

3 pair of long pants - jeans, dressy, tracksuit, etc
2 pair of long leggings
3 pair of shorts
2 skirts
3 singlet tops
4 long sleeve print tops
4 short sleeve print tops
2 long sleeve white shirts
2 long sleeve t-shirts
2 jumpers/sweaters
2 fitted cardigans
2 dresses
2 cropped jackets - these to suit my hour glass figure
1 trench coat

So after filling 1 and half large garbage bags this is what I am left with.  I can now move things around in the wardrobe and not have to use too many muscles!

6 pairs of long pants - 2 jeans, 2 black dressy, 2 trackys
6 pairs of leggins - 1 long, 5 mid length
3 pair of shorts
3 skirts - 2 black, 1 brown
6 singlet tops - these will be culled
10 long sleeve print tops
11 short sleeve tops
4 knit tops - 1 long sleeve, 2 short sleeve, 1 sleeveless
0 long sleeve white shirts
1 long sleeve white t-shirt
4 jumpers/sweaters - only 1 is what you might call thick; we don't have the weather for those here
1 loose cardigan
5 day dresses - 4 without sleeves
3 maxi dresses
2 evening dresses
0 cropped jackets
0 trench coat
1 overcoat

Not quite the same as the first list and I do believe some of the remaining items will end up going too, but I think it is a pretty good start.  Not sure if I will add in the white shirts or the cropped jackets, but I do like the idea of the trench coat.  I may have to get sewing again.

If only I could go thru hubby's clothes like this!