Sunday, December 08, 2013

Seed Plantings

Yesterday I planted some more seeds in my stacking pots - some Lettuce, Pak Choy, Marigolds and Parsley.  I put the Pak Choy and Parsley in together - it will be interesting to see how they go.

The stacking pots have 4 levels of 3 growing areas - think of it in terms of 4 triangles stacked on top of each other.  I have bush cucumbers in the top - which are sprouting - and then 9 more growing areas in the next 3 levels down.  I wondered what to put where.  In the end I staggered them in so I have each of the varieties in each of the levels in a spiral-like fashion.  I also moved the stack a bit further away from the house so it will get rained on when it rains.

I bought my set of stacking pots from here - Productive Gardens.  Their service and delivery was very prompt.  I am very happy so far with my pots.