Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tomatoes and Potatoes

here we come.....



Well hopefully anyway.  My experiment to grow a tomato bush upside down came to ground this morning - literally.

Whilst putting washing on the line the whole pot (if you can call it that) fell to the ground with a thud.  Thank goodness I was there to quickly rescue the poor thing and put it back up.  I did loose part of the plant - the middle shoot!! 

I gave it a drink with some seaweed extract in it, so hopefully it will recover.

I also planted out the other 2 seedlings I purchased at the same time as the upside down one in the front yard beds.  Currently they are in potting mix in boxes.  You can see one of them in this pic.


The bed will get the straw and compost/maure treatment too.  Tommorrw seems like a good day to do that.


The poppies are fom last year - I am surprised they did not die off over winter.


These are my potatoes.  So far I have topped up the bags 3 times and I will do another lot soon.  The empty bag is not really empty - it just has the store bought potatoes that have not done anything yet.  Maybe they never will......