Monday, October 03, 2011

vege garden update

We've had a fair bit of rain lately - those seedlings I planted out have survived it all.  The seeds keep sprouting.

So far I have 3 pumpkins, 3 zucchini, 2 cucumbers and it looks like 2 tomatoes as well.  I think that's what they are - will have to wait a bit to see if I'm correct.

Today I put in extra pumpkin, zucchini and cucumbers - hopefully they will do well also.  I also put more tomato, capsicum and broccoli seed into jiffy pellets and some more carrot seed into the same pot as before and 3 other pots.

I have noticed that there is a lot of grass coming up in the new beds - did not even think about that!  I think it is from the straw - could be the lucerne on the bottom.  It even looks like I have quite a few peas coming up too - from the straw - it is pea straw after all.  I have left these to grow - hopefully they won't do the other plants any damage or be much competition.  The grass I am pulling out each time I check up on the beds.

I noticed the small strawberry plant has had 2 more leaves - yay.  And my poor dutch iris that is pot bound has a flower on it.  It must like the fact it has water!!

Some more of out gardens flowers - the white ones are convulvulus, the yellow are fressia's.