Sunday, October 16, 2011

And the Expert says......

That it is a common problem with pea straw and that they should be fine to let grow if I wish.  She said they are usually not as nice to eat as any others I would plant, but that she usually leaves them.

So I have decided to let those not coming up next to the seed I have planted be - for the time being.  Some I have pulled out if there were lots together.  Maybe they will have some nice flowers......

The peas I have planted are doing quite well - most anyway.  One got attacked by slugs - so it's out with the snail/slug trap for me.  I have planted 2 more seeds in the same pots to cover those that didn't germinate and the 1 lost to the slug.

The seeds I put into the peat pellets have all germinated except for the tomato ones.  In a few weeks when they get their true leaves they will go in the vege beds.  If the tomatoes don't come up, I may try direct sowing them in their pot.