Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Veges

Hubby whipper snipped around the garden beds Sunday - I lost part of a zucchini plant.  He asked our son who was helping him "can I glue this back on?" . 

In having a good look at the veges I have around 5 pumpkins, but they are long not round; lots of zucchini - most are curling around themselves; my capsicums look like tomatoes; the broccoli is a failure (or maybe that's just me not having a green thumb).  I have planted yet more peas - this is what I picked from what I had in to start with.
That's 3 plants worth of peas - they tasted nice and sweet, pod and all.  Maybe they don't like being in pots.

We have decided to get rid of our front lawn totally and turn it into a car park.  Our youngest daughter has her own car now and the driveway is not big enough for 3 cars - we need to put 1 on the lawn.  Putting down a stone/concrete mix will mean a lot of work, but be worth it in the end when the other 2 kids get cars (assuming they do that before leaving home).  We will have to redo some of the front garden bed to get the car onto the lawn easier.